torsdag 8. juli 2010

[fractions]

I didn't have time to answer, she was on her way to the elevator before I could even open my mouth. I watched her go, musing over what kind of person she was when no one saw her. Wicked tongues claimed she just went home at night to recharge, and that the tight bun at the back of her neck hid the usb-port. At times, I almost believed them.

*

The man walking towards me looked completely out of place in Mary's steril office. From the stonewashed, hole-strewn jeans and right up to the ruffled hair and unkempt beard. But as I recognised his face, I felt a pang of pride in the confidence Mary had in me.
He stopped in front of me, pushing his pilot sunglasses into his wild hair.

*

– Age? Marital status? No no, wait. Let me guess.
He eyed me, trying to look scrutinizing. The attempt failed utterly, but I fought to keep a straight face.
– 32, he said finally.
– And married. 4 children, 3 boys and a girl. Your husband is... a music video-director. But a poor one at that, so you feed the family. And you have a dog, a golden retriver named Lucky. And live in a white house-
– With a white picket fence? I shot in.
– No, he said defensivly.
– You haven't had time to paint it yet.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar