onsdag 24. mars 2010

Broken

Dear God
Or whoever
I would like to be re-programmed
I’m not saying you made a mistake
Just that somewhere down the line I lost an important feature
And unlike a computer
Or a car
I can’t just call customer support and have myself serviced
So I turn to you
You made me
Please fix me

It is your plan for men and women to meet?
Fall in love?
Get married?
Have children?
Because if so;
Why have you made us so different?

Why do women drop hints,
If men don’t know how to pick them up?
Why do women believe men should make the first move,
When they’re just as scared of it as we are?
Why do men want woman who are forward,
And then call them cheap when we are?

Somewhere
Somehow
Something went horribly wrong
Someone got the wrong idea
Someone changed the rules

And we’re the ones suffering for it

Now men are scared to act
Because they think women want to do it
And women are scared to act
Because they think men don’t like it

And so we watch each other from different corners
Afraid to go near
Afraid to speak
Afraid to feel
Or, at least to let others know we do

So, God
I would like to be re-programmed
Not upgraded
Not scanned for bugs
Not filled with new and better software
I want the old software
The kind that worked

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar