mandag 5. april 2010

You,

I can't take my eyes off you.

Fair enough, I haven't really tried. Why would I want to? When God has gone out of his way to create someone so absolutely beyond all known definitions of 'beautiful', why on earth should I force my gaze away? Why else would he make you such a work of art, if it wasn't to attract mine (and others) attention?

It's an inapropriate little thing, this... infatuation, for lack of better word. I certainly don't know you, I can't claim to love you for anything but what I see. And what I see you do. Which, as I well know, is only a little part of who you are, and I harbour no illusions that I will ever know the rest.

Nor am I quite sure I want to. I believe, firmly, that sometimes it is better to simply let ones mind wander. To dream quietly, to watch from afar. To be content with what the eye can see, and the mind can dream up on late nights alone. Reality, after all, has messed up its share of fantasies...

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar